After total silence for a few months I am happy to announce that there is a playable “early beta” version of Marbleous Blocks available here. At the time of writing there are 12 puzzles available but hopefully the number of puzzles will increase quite a bit before the summer.
So what have I been spending time on since December? A lot of different things actually, but here is an overview:
- Extending the level editor with various features.
- Experimenting with different game mechanics to improve variation.
- Falling blocks.
- Support for three marbles with different abilities.
- Support for Save/Load progress.
- Support for auto save.
- Improving the menu system.
- Show credits.
- Save slots.
- Upgrading C++ version along with different libs.
- Redesigning world piece placement.
- Finding suitable game music.
- Looking over licenses for assets.
- Improving first impression and robustness by:
- Installing C++ redistributable package if necessary.
- Showing a custom program icon.
- Solving the notorious dll loading problem.
- Giving hints to the player how to interact with the game.
- Reworking color palette.
- Polishing of graphics. Shaders, 3D-models and materials.
- Creating an automatic script for packaging the game.
- Debugging various problems.
If you have any feedback concerning the “early beta” version of Marbleous Blocks I would be very happy to hear from you. Please send me an email.
Here is some geek stats gathered by using cloc.
|Windows Resource File||1||3||4||1|
My next step is to create more interesting levels along with a short trailer to showcase the game. In the meantime I hope you enjoy the beta.